Are you an organization or community group that would like to learn more about brain injury, including concussion? NBIS provides educational presentations to people and groups who might need a better understanding of the complex issues that arise when living with, or working with people who have an acquired brain injury. These groups include brain injury survivors and their caregivers, youth, social service agencies, health care professionals, specialized groups such as teachers and community coaches as well as the general public.
Our Education Program includes:
- Monthly Education Series - These free sessions are held monthly at different community locations and are geared for people with acquired brain injury/stroke and their family caregivers. The sessions cover a wide range of topics including financial planning, yoga & meditation, and healthy boundaries and are chosen based on client feedback
- Understanding Brain Injury (UBI) Public Workshop - Our free informative UBI workshop is held five times throughout the year at convenient community locations. It is designed for people living with brain injury and their family and friends as well as anyone else who may be interested in learning more about acquired brain injury. Watch a recorded Understanding Brain Injury Workshop HERE.
- Understanding Brain Injury (UBI) Workshop for Service Providers- This is a custom UBI workshop designed for organizations and groups working with people who have suffered an ABI. This workshop will assist them in understanding brain injury and will give some insight into the complex issues that arise when living with, or working with people who have an acquired brain injury.
- Community Workshops & Events - At NBIS we are committed to increasing awareness about about acquired brain injury in Nanaimo and are happy to take part in a variety of community events. Whether that is setting up an information table at an event or partnering with another community organziation for a workshop, we love being out in community increasing awareness of brain injury and letting people know what we do.
- Youth Program
- Concussion 101 -This workshop is for youth/students 11 years and older and was created to give kids a better understanding of what a concussion is, how it is caused, and concussion symptoms. It was designed for specialized youth groups, such as althletic teams/leadership groups or to compliment the Grade 6/7 curriculum in the school program
- Concussion Management in Youth - This workshop is for people working with youth who want a better understanding of Return to School/ Return to Play standards, such as teachers, parks and recreation leaders and community coaches
If you would like to arrange for one of our presentations, please contact Adrienne at (250) 753-5600 Ext. 3 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Going On
Sorry, there are no posts at this time.